How to setup inbound email for Hosted Exchange
Please note - this information is aimed at Administrators and a technically-savvy audience.
If you require any assistance setting up Hosted Exchange, please contact us.
To use our Hosted Exchange, you need to make two changes to your Domain Name's DNS settings:
- Add an A record of autodiscover pointing to 184.108.40.206
- Change your MX record to point to mailgate.hahosting.com
- If you have any other MX records delete them, if you're asked for a Preference number, enter 10
We will contact you when it's time to change these settings after you sign up.
If you need help changing your DNS or MX records, contact your Domain Name or web hosting provider.
Download Microsoft Outlook for PC 2010 or Outlook for Mac 2011
- Once signup is complete go to http://exchange.hahosting.com/download/
- Login with your email address and password
- Select the version of Outlook you require to initiate download
- Install the application on your computer
- On first run login with your email address and password to configure Outlook
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 228 0022 if you have any problems!
Outlook Mobile Access
If you're setting up your email on a mobile phone, the following settings will be useful to you:
|Secure (or SSL) connection||Yes|
|Username||your email address|
|Domain||None / blank / n/a|
If you're having trouble setting up your device, log a support ticket by emailing email@example.com.