Sheffield Data Centre - Security
Both Physical and Logical security is something we take very seriously. Providing hosting colocation to multiple companies with differing requirements means we need a stringent but accessible policy.
- The Data Centre is located in a fenced and gated (out of core hours) compound, with no non-resident vehicle access overnight.
- The building itself is unmarked and doesn’t advertise from the outside what services are inside.
- Full interior and exterior CCTV coverage with IP connectivity, including all server aisles and doors. All CCTV is recorded via motion activated cameras 24/7/365.
- CCTV systems monitored off-site with priority police response.
- “Always on” Honeywell alarm system connected to the building access control, monitored off-site 24/7 with priority police response via the RMC.
- Opaque window tinting and security laminating on all glazing.
- Paxton Access proximity access control covering all doors.
- Two-factor authentication (keyfob and PIN) is required on external doors.
- At least 2 access-controlled doors between the outside world and the server racks.
- Deliveries can only be accepted if pre-booked.
- Escorted access to shared racks, backed up via CCTV. No access to shared racks unless opened via staff.
External monitoring of alarms is provided by AMCO.
All IP connectivity is provided “raw” to customer racks by default, allowing clients to choose their firewall or security solution.
We can supply Managed Firewalls which are hosted by us as appliances on our Hyper-V Cloud cluster. Managed Firewalls are monitored and supported by ourselves, and provide firewall, IP NAT, IPSEC VPN capabilities and separation from other networks within the data centre.
- Managed Firewalls
We can also supply private VLANs on our access switches specifically for individual customers, allowing you to host servers on your own internal network with your own choice of internal IP addressing. A “breakout” to the internet would rely on you having your own router / firewall, or one of our Managed Firewalls.